Thursday, September 09, 2010

Street Parking

I have a neighbor who parks his truck on the street in front of my house. The neighbor and his teenage son, I can't tell whether they are rude or just aloof. They likely do not know either. What they must know, however, is that, like me, they also have street in front of their house. That area seems to me a much more natural home for the truck. It's not so much the truck sitting in front of my house that frustrates me as it is the neighbor who thinks the thing to do is park it there. It is a common courtesy thing--or, rather, a lack thereof. It simply would not occur to me to park my Jeep in front someone else's house. I would not have to consider whether it was rude, inappropriate, or bothersome. Because I would not do it. This is not to suggest I am not an asshole. Of course I am. Just not the type of asshole to park my vehicle in front of someone else's house. I'm more the type who sits around and bitches about the asshole who is.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angeline Rose Larimer said...

*big smile*
Yer awesome.

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Hoesel said...

Nice to see you back out here - I need that reminder of how far I still have to go as a writer.

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home