Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Captures (My Son at The Falls)

My son on the hiking trail. The Falls, high on his dominant side, share a canopy of mist seeming just for him. His hair, long with a full summer's growth, is everywhere beneath his Red Sox cap. His Gulf-blue eyes, alive, threaten to dwarf the sun, pure bursts of soul. He alone gives me hope. They day is a spectacular thing all for his being. His every move--on trails, in streams, on rock walls, measuring the edge of the falls--is deliberate, confident.

He pauses at the water's edge, hands on hips. Surveys the masterpiece of it all. It is so quiet you can hear the sun shine. As I have done more times than there are numbers, I look at him. And once again my breath catches in my throat at how he complements everything around him.

Jesus Christ, he is beautiful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home