Friday, May 11, 2007

Bar Talk II

Me: [Drinking draught beer. Looking at sports on several television sets. Silent]

Him: What was that?

Me: I’m sorry?

Him: Damn right you sorry.

Me: [The smirk creeps to my face during the pause] Is there a problem?

Him: They’s about to be if you look at me again.

Me: [Long pause. Bigger smirk] Ok, Brother. I’ll try to stop doin’ that.

Him: Goddamn right you will.

Me: [Smiling at TV] Alright. I’ll see what I can do.

Him: [Turning on barstool toward me] You fuckin’ with me?

Me: [Turning my head, locking eyes] Not yet.

[We hold the staredown for a moment]

Bartender: [Setting a fresh draught in front of me] Anything wrong, Boys?

Me: [Maintaining stare] No. I think we’re good. [Pause] But give this gentleman a beer on my tab if you would.

Him: [Turning away] Pussy.

Me: [Turning back to face TV] Yeah. I like it too.

Him: [Picks up his new beer, stands, and walks away]

Bartender: Don’t worry ‘bout him, Sugar. Kyle just likes to do that.

Me: [Smiling big]
[I drink two more beers, cash out, and leave. Watching my back all the way to the Jeep]

3 Comments:

Blogger Sara Sue said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:34 AM  
Blogger Sara Sue said...

Nice save! I'm pretty sure *Kyle* or one of his relatives drinks in my watering hole too. His pickup methods aren't much more effective than his making friends techniques.

9:36 AM  
Blogger KellyKline said...

Heheh. Last week I was at a little bar called Beyond the Edge. This guy looked at me ... stared ... and said, "My God, has anyone ever told you that you have a pretty mouth?!"

I swear I could hear banjo music.

4:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home