Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Em Exchange

Em: "DAAADDDDDYYYY!!!”

Me: Leaving some task or other, walk down the hall and into his room where he should be sleeping. “Yep.”

Em: “My hand is itchy. I need some med’cine.”

Me: I check his hand, no redness or swelling. I scratch said area. “There you go, Dog. All better.”

Em: “Nooooo! I need some med’cine. It itches real bad.”

Me: I go to the kitchen, take the dispensing cap off the Children’s Motrin, and pour in a half TSP of orange juice and a half TSP of cherry juice. I walk back to his room. He sees the dispensing cap, and grins big.

Em: Breaks into his natural Woody Woodpecker giggle: “Hehehehehehehehehehe!” Takes a sip. “Mmm. Tasty!” Takes another sip. “Is dis orange juice?”

Me: “It’s medicine.” He finishes it. “You feel better, Boy?”

Em: “Yeah, I feel better now. I need some juice.”

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachael said...

You are so lucky Emerson is gullible. We tried that with Hunter one time. He took a sip, handed the cup back, and told us "If you don't put REAL medicine in this, I might just die. Then you would be sad."

He will be 4 in July. How sad is it when your kid is smarter than you are?

8:18 AM  
Blogger Ryan said...

This is absolutely hilarious to me. What a great kid!

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home