Wednesday, May 11, 2005

And Good Health to All

I had my yearly physical on the 4th. Always enjoyable. Dr. E. is nice enough. He wears cowboy boots and his hair doesn’t look quite natural. But that’s okay. His office is convenient to where I live. The tests were fairly inclusive. He did bloodwork, chest X-rays, an EKG, checked my reflexes, and stuck his arm up my ass. Whooo! I walked around feeling soupy for the rest of the day and kept checking the internet to see if a picture of the event had been posted. I thought he should have at least offered to take me to lunch after that, but no. Ah, the violations we abide in the name of good health.

I called an automated system for my lab results this morning. As best they can tell, my liver has not fallen out. I’m not sure how that can be, but I’m glad to know it. They said nothing of my kidney other than the test for function was fine. That’s another one I’m not convinced of and so will follow up with Dr. K. in a month or so. I’m due for my six-month with him anyway. Unfortunately, my cholesterol is back up—total 253 with LDL being 171. So it’s back on the Lipitor for me. And of course I’m fretting the $30.00 monthly payment more than I am the aggravation of taking a pill every day for the next several months. Lipitor has worked well for me in the past so I have no real reservations about giving it another go; but I don’t care to take something for an extended period of time and will make a concerted effort with diet and exercise. The Evan Williams/Splash of Coke and Miller Lite curls apparently have not done the job. I’ll have to sit down with a cigar and a cup of salt tonight and work through this thing. What could be affecting my cholesterol so?

But I do have Em to think about. So it may be time to start taking this health business a bit more seriously. At least until he can join me on the porch for cigars and whiskey. Another year or so?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh. 421 years old. same boat with the cholesterol. Changed my diet, did nothing. My Doc blames gnese. Both my folks have bad cholleserol.


Christ I hate getting old. I used to use the internet for perverted chat. Now, I'm discussing cholesterol. Fuck.

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

blames gense/parents. Sorry.

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

genes.

giving up now.

7:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home