Monday, March 21, 2005

Head Back

12:45a Augusta time. Em sleeps in the room I slept in as a child. He ran like the wind all day. He christened this first day of spring like a robin on the hunt for all things early. He loves family so and makes me proud with his generosity.

I sat oustide with the last of several drinks and a cigar. From my experience there are few better ways to end a day.

The drive to Augusta was trying at best. I-40 construction meant an extra hour before beginning. Atlanta road construction meant another hour plus. Four lanes consigned to one meant a long delay. The six hour drive became nine. But I suppose there have been greater tragedies endured. In the big scheme of things the time delay was certainly minor--but it still pissed me off.

I hit Metro late last night against my better judgement. It was good to be there and I'm glad I made the effort. I saw no one familiar, but the unfamilar faces more than made up for it. The jazz band pleased me by playing the theme song from Sanford & Son. Does it get better than something unexpected?

8:30a Em slept hard. It's time to head back. A shower. Feed The Boy. Say goodbye. Gas up. Lay in a supply of Diet Coke. Nashville bound. Leaving at 10:00a Eastern should put us home by 3:00p Central--unless I-75 and I-40 converge to taunt us once again.

I bet the drive will be uneventful and quick. Emerson and I jabbering back and forth, him educating me a little more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home